12 May 2012, 

Rotten Eggs for Media, Anyone?
By Riffat Rashid

Let’s throw a bucket of tomatoes and rotten eggs at the media. Everyone’s doing it. Even though, I feel like joining on the bandwagon, I don’t think it’s really clever. Let me tell you why:

Firstly, most of the production houses, newspaper agencies, radio corporations etc. mostly ask you to have technical skills if you want to apply for a particular job. I was doing my O level when I was made the assistant editor of a magazine. I had no sense of editing or reporting. I had never studied any of the two things. They hired me plainly because I could write in English. For anyone who has been in the field knows that writing in English and being a journalist are two very different things but the fact is, most of the companies existent in our media require you to have only technical skills. They would hire you as camera man if you know how to switch on a camera, without making sure if you know the principles and the aesthetics behind filming something. Read More >>>
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

write your comments here...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.